What is ACMPE?
One of the goals of every practice manager should be to increase awareness and skills to properly manage the medical practice.
The American College of Medical Practice Executives is an organization geared to help Medical Practice Administrators improve and advance their career. In Mississippi, we gear our educational programs around the Body of Knowledge.
The Body of Knowledge is an industry standard for medical practice management much like a physician’s standard of care in a medical specialty. The 5 core areas covered in this training program are:
- Communication Skills
- Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
In MGMA of MS, we presently have
- 32 ACMPE Nominees (the first step in obtaining Certification)
- 15 certified members
- 5 Fellows
Qualifications for Certification are:
- Membership in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE).
- Two years of health care management experience.
- Reference letters.
- Pass objective and essay exams.
- Deliver 2 presentations.
- Earn 50 hours of Continuing Education Hours.